Monday, December 28, 2009

*2009

I cannot believe this year is already over! It was our second year together and it was definitely a good one. We have gotten to see and do a lot of cool things so I want to recap and write down everything we've done so I never forget :) Sorry, this will be a long boring post with no pictures.
*JAN: We went on a cruise to Cabo San Lucas, Ensenada & San Diego. Started spring semester of school at SUU.
*FEB: I got a new job at SUU which let me spend more time at home and focus more on school.
*MARCH: Spent spring break in Mesquite with our friends. Went to a Jazz game with Brandi and Ty.
*APRIL: We packed up as much stuff possible, used a million space bags, and moved across the country. It took us 2 full days and nights until we finally arrived in Devon, PA (Philadelphia)
*MAY: Austin started selling door to door in the Philadelphia area. We celebrated our first anniversary by going to a Philly's vs. Nationals baseball game. I ate my first original Philly cheese steak sandwich from a VENDOR! We celebrated Austin's birthday by going to Champs with our friends. We visited the Historic District in downtown Philadelphia and got to see the Liberty Bell. We met Landon and Che! :) I got a job at Buckle. Krysta came to visit and we went to Love Park. Went to Atlantic City, NJ and walked the board walk.
*JUNE: Tricia and my mom came to Philadelphia to visit. We went to New York, Washington D.C., Valley Forge, Lancaster, PA and Gettysburg. We saw a real Amish buggy and people. We went to Gettysburg. I rode on my first Amtrak train. We layed by the pool every Sunday. We ate at Five Guys for the first time and LOVED it.
*JULY: Che and I went to the 4th of July parade in the Historic District. All our friends went to a Sheryl Crow concert and watched fireworks off the Rocky Balboa stairs. Realized traffic in Philadelphia sucks. (15 miles = 2 hrs.) Dropped off Austin in downtown Philly to sale and cried, ha! We went to Ocean City, NJ twice to play in the beach. Austin, Ty, and Trav went to the U.S. Open in New York. They brushed shoulders with Tiger Woods and were very proud about it. Didn't celebrate the 24th of July, quit my job at buckle and we moved to Arlington, VA.
*AUG: Lived in a house with Brandi and Ty, Amy and Shaun and sometimes Skye and Adam. Went to the Washington D.C. Zoo and saw pandas. Went to the Washington D.C. temple which was beautiful. Went to the Arlington Cemetery, the white house, the Washington Monument, Abraham Lincoln Memorial, Holocaust Museum, and many other museums. Fell in love with Noodles and Co. I flew to Las Vegas where my mom and Tricia picked me up. We went to the Jersey Boys play and then drove home to UTAH! Austin moved to Virginia Beach, VA and continued selling alarm systems. I moved back to Cedar City and started school while Austin took online classes. I started working at SUU again.
*SEP: Brandi and I flew to Virginia Beach to visit our husbands. I stayed for 3 days and went to the beach two of those days. Cried the hardest I've ever cried when I left Aus to go back home.
*OCT: Aus finally came home. He drove 38 hours with little sleep. We went to Caliente, NV for the high school reunion. We went to the UNLV vs. UTAH football game in Las Vegas. We celebrated my 23rd birthday. We went to a Halloween party at Josh and Sunny's. Austin got a job at a bank in St. George!
*NOV: We celebrated Thanksgiving in Richfield and had two turkey dinners. Austin played with some friends in the Richfield annual turkey bowl. Got iphones :)
*DEC: Austin's great grandma Christy died. We went to the funeral in Pioche, NV. Went to Salt Lake city for Braden's wedding. Went to the Salt Lake temple and the Richfield lights parade. Celebrated Christmas in Richfield with our families.
We had a wonderful year and we are excited to see what 2010 has in store!! :) Sorry I didn't post about Christmas, I will when I get pictures from Tricia. Hope everyone has a great New Year!

2 comments:

Jerrica Vaughn said...

HEY i LOVED THE LONG POST!!! MiSS YOU GUYS!!

Tyler and Brandi White said...

That's pretty much been my life for the past year too so thanks for doing an update for me too:):) LOVE YA BF