Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend in D.C.

The weekends come and go by way to fast out here. Maybe it's because Austin's weekends only consist of one day, Sunday! This Sunday we decided to go to Arlington National Cemetery. Besides the fact that it was way too hot, we had a lot of fun. We walked around, went and saw the Tomb of the Unknown, changing of the guards, General Lee's house, and JFK's grave. The cemetery has such a neat feeling and we are so glad we got to see it. For other news, I'm headed home in a week!! I can't believe it's already time to leave and start school again. We've had such a fun summer and I'm so glad we got to see and do the things we have. I'm so so excited to see my family but at the same time, so sad to leave sweet Austin here! I'm going to miss him.

Austin was not enjoying the heat, ha ha...

On Saturday, Amy's mom took Brandi and I to the Washington D.C. temple to do a session! It was amazing, I'm so glad we got to do that. The temple is so pretty!
Oh and I had to post this, ha ha Amy was teaching Austin a little yoga.. "the downward facing dog" (he's gonna kill me)

3 comments:

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Ha Ha! Downward facing dog! That's funny, he's not bad, he must do it often huh?! jk ;)

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Why are you wearing sweaters to Arlington?! You silly goose, no wonder you were so hot.

Two Peas in a Pod Bow-tique said...

I'm soooo excited for them to come! I'm so glad Brandi had you this summer! You guys would have been so lonely without each other. Anyways, I love the pic of Amy and Austin hahaha that's hilarious!